For the dough :
Maida - 3 cups
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Baking soda - 1 pinch
For the Masala :
Potatoes - 3
Carrot, peas - 50 gms
Salt to taste
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Dry Mango powder - 1/4 tsp
Green chillies - 5
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
For the Dough :
1) Sieve the maida (white wheat flour), blend the dough along with baking soda and salt with the oil
2) Knead the dough to become like the chappathi flour
3) Sprinkle water if needed
4) Keep the dough aside covered in a little moist
cloth for about 1/2 hour
5) Chop the onions and the vegetables.
6) Cook the potatoes and mash them well
7) Cook the other vegetables well
8) Heat some oil in a pan add the Jeera and the
onions, fry until it turns golden brown
9) Add the green chillies and the vegetables and the
mashed potatoes along with the powders.
10) Finally add the coriander leaves and little lemon juice.
To make the Samosa :
Divide the dough into Balls
Roll out the balls to form small chappathis ( use the
dry maida for dusting)
Apply little oil on one chappathi
Keep the second chappathi on top , prepare in the same manner so that 4 chappathis are on top of one
Roll the chappathis slightly on top.
Heat a tawa and place one pile of chappathis on top turn them over when it starts to bubble
after turning peel of the first layer.
Continue to peel the first layers so that only the first layers are roasted.
Cut them into 2 inches wide strips like ribbon and
keep them covered under wet cloth
Make a paste of maida by mixing it with just enough water ( 3 tsp of maida)
Take one strip and make a cone
Seal the overlapping portion with the maida paste
Keep little masala inside the pocket
fold and roll the strip in such a way that it remains
in triangular shape
Seal the ends with maida paste
prepare all the samosas and keep it under moist cloth
Deep fry them in oil and serve them hot with ketchup
Tip : For crisp samosas the dough should be kneaded well, deep fry them in a reduced flame.
This recipe is rated **Buy a Handy Recipe card for this recipe
print this recipe