Soy Cheese and Vegetable Appetizers to the site
Soy Cheese and Vegetable Appetizers
Yves "The Good Slice" Soy cheese, any flavour 6 slices
Cooked vegetable sticks (carrot, celery, asparagus) 6 3.5 " sticks
Flour ¼ cup
Large egg white or whole egg 2
Milk or soy milk 2 tbsp
Breadcrumbs 1 cup
Oil for frying
Instruction: Have soy cheese on room temperature for at least 1 hour.
1. Have deep fryer preheated to 375-200 F
2. Dip vegetable sticks in flour, place one on each cheese slices, roll them up
tightly, cut them into 3 and coat pieces with flour.
3. Beat egg whites with milk.
4. Dip cheese pieces into egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs. In the palm
of your hand press pieces to achieve a firm coating.
5. Repeat step 4.
6. Fry breaded cheese 10-20 seconds, until crisp and golden.
7. Serve hot or cold.
This recipe is not rated
Buy a Handy Recipe card for this recipe