1. Soak cashew nuts in water, for 1-2 hours.
2. Drain and grind them to a fine paste on a grinding stone, using as little water
3. Mix together the sugar and cashew paste. Cook in a kadhai on a medium
4. When the mixture thickens, reduce the flame and keep stirring.
5. When the mixture becomes thick and comes away from the sides of the pan
(it should take 8 minutes) sprinkle cornflour, stir well, and remove from the fire.
6. Immediately, mix in the rose essence and quickly turn onto a greased marble
or wooden surface.
7. Quickly, roll thinly with a greased roller. Spread the silver sheet over and cut
into diamond shaped katlis.
This recipe is rated ****Buy a Handy Recipe card for this recipe