Chhena 40 gms.
Mawa (Khoya) 200 gms.
Soda bi-carb ¼ tsp.
Flour 2 tbsps.
Green cardamom powder ½ tsp.
Ghee/Oil for deep frying -
Sugar 400 gms.
1. Grate Khoya and Chhena and keep aside.
2. Mix Khoya, Chenna, soda bi-carb, green cardamom
powder and a little water to make it into a soft dough.
3. Divide into 16 equal portions. Shape into balls
4. These balls can be stuffed with saffron, pistachio nuts or green cardamom powder.
5. Prepare sugar syrup with equal quantity of sugar and water.
6. Heat Ghee or oil in a Kadhai. Deep fry prepared balls on a slow flame till golden in color.
7. Remove and keep in sugar syrup for 15-20 minutes.
Note: Temperature of the oil should be low, else gulab jamuns will remain uncooked from inside.
This recipe is rated ***Buy a Handy Recipe card for this recipe