Double Baked Mashed
4-5 lbs. peeled & cut up potatoes
1/4 lb. butter
3/4 C. milk or cream
salt & pepper
1. Boil potatoes in slightly salted water.
2. Lower heat and cover pot. (Leave lid slightly
ajar to prevent overflow.)
3. When potatoes are fork tender (about 12-15
minutes of mild boiling), drain into a colander.
Reserve about 3/4 C. of water. Put potatoes
back into cooking pot.
4. Mash potatoes with butter, until butter is
distributed evenly. (Poatoes will be lumpy.)
5. Add enough milk or cream to make the
6. Add eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Continue mashing. When mixture is well distributed, transfer to an oven to table baking
8. adda little more butter. Sprinkle paprika to add color.
9. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until the potatoes begin to get a light crust. (About 30-40
Cook time: 1 hour
This recipe is rated **Buy a Handy Recipe card for this recipe