"Rupa R" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am Rupathika Balaji from Austin, Texas, USA. I love cooking
and I try variety of dishes. I visit this site regularly. I do a receipe called "Brinjal gotsu"(Eggplant Gotsu) , and it comes out
really well. It is simple but delicious type of south indian sambar.
Try it out.
South Indian Variety
BRINJAL GOTSU(EGGPLANT GOTSU)
1 large Brinjal or eggplant
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 spoon of Sambar powder
1/4 spoon Mustard
1/2 spoon Urid Dal
1/4 spoon Toor Dal
4 Dry Chillies
little bit of Hing
Required amout of salt
1/2 cup of Tamarind Extract
1 tbsp of oil
4-5 curry leaves
1. Head 1 tbsp of oil in kadai and garnish mustard, urid dal, toor
dal, dry chllies and Hing.
2. Add Onion to this and fry well.
3. Pour tamarind extract in the kadai and add to it curry leaves,
salt, sambar powder and allow it to boil for some time.
4. In the mean time, heat the brinjal or egg plant(can heat it in
the cooker for 1/2 hour) and peel the outer skin and take the flesh
inside and mash it well.
5. Add this to the boiling tamarind and mix it well.Allow it to boil
five minutes and put off the gas.
6. This can be mixed with rice and eaten. This can also be a side
dish for tiffin varieties like Pongal, Idli's etc
7. Try it out and it will be very tasty. This quantity can be eaten
with rice by 3 adults.
This recipe is rated ****Buy a Handy Recipe card for this recipe