Our New Website http://www.hotdishes.net
Cilantro Fresh Water Trout Fish Recipe|
A delicious combination of fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves and Rainbow Trout Fish
Trout Steaks: 4~5 (each about 2 " x 2 ") (or Salmon Steaks if Trout is not available)
Cilantro (Coriander) leaves: 2 cups
Sesame oil: 3~4 table spoons (or any vegetable oil)
Sauce: 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Fish or Curry Masala Powder: 1 tablespoon
Garlic: 4~5 cloves (slightly crushed)
Dried Red Chili: 2~3
Curry leaves: 5~6 fresh
Lemon: Fresh juice 1~2 teaspoon
Sea Salt: 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste. (Be careful when adding salt, as the soy sauce already has a high concentration of salt content in it.)
1. Wash and clean the freshly caught trout into steaks and place them on a large plate or tray.
2. Rub the steaks with sesame oil so that it is evenly coated.
3. Sprinkle the turmeric powder, fish masala powder and salt over the steaks.
4. Add the curry leaves, slightly crushed red chilies, garlic cloves, lemon juice and soy sauce. Gently mix all of it with the fish steaks. Use large spoon or your fingers to give it a nice twirl for 30 seconds.
5. Finally add a bunch of cilantro leaves into the horse shoe gaps of each trout steak or over the steak. Be generous in adding a lot of cilantro, as they will impart lot of flavor and will reduce when cooked.
5. Allow the fish steaks to marinate for about an hour in a refrigerator.
6. Now heat a pan to medium high, and add 2~3 table spoons of oil. Place each steak with the cilantro leaves on to the heated pan gently. You should hear the fish make a sizzling sound when it touches the oil on the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 3~5 minutes or until one half is cooked.
7. Remove lid, and gently flip each of the steaks andcook for another 2~3 minutes or until the 2nd half of the fish is cooked. The fish should now be perfectly cooked inside, a browned outside and the flavor of soy sauce, curry masala and garlic kicking your taste buds.